Thursday, April 28, 2005

 

The N & O Front Page News: YOU should pay for illegal immigrant's college tuition.

Have you read the News & Observer lately? I know it's painful. What exactly is the deal with the front page? Is it supposed to be breaking news? The recent layout typically has a huge special interest story of some type with a big photo, two or three liberal editorials, and a small news story.

The latest front page editorial is that they show a "new" poll that somehow shows that most folks want illegals to go college on state money. I don't know about you, but I've been paying NC state taxes and saving for years and I still don't know if I can pay my kids way. Now the N & O is asking me to pay for illegals to go to college instead of my kids!!! Gee, thanks N & O.

You ask me how I know this an editorial, not a news story? Here is a quote:

the initial reaction to the bill as hateful, intimidating and angry.
"Now we're seeing more of the reasonable voices weigh in,"

You can read the article for yourself at:
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/2353514p-8731103c.html

What's interesting about this story is that they don't show the other polls that all showed 80% oppose. I think it's also the first time they have run this story on the front page. I need to look into this some more........still investigating.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?